Sunday, March 6, 2011

Review of the Auber Instruments Controller

Most of you are probably already familiar with the barbecue temperature control devices such as the product line from The BBQ Guru and The Stoker from Rock's Barbeque. Well early in 2010 there came a new player to the market, Auber Instruments. They have produced a low-cost simple controller that probably should be viewed as competition for the BBQ Guru NanoQ since, like the NanoQ, it only controls the temperature of the cooker and it doesn't monitor the meat temperature like the higher-priced models.

We put it through all the tests that we have performed on the other brands (plus a couple more!) and have written a review for your enjoyment. You can read the review at our Product Reviews web page. The review contains a side-by-side feature comparison with the BBQ Guru NanoQ to help you decide which controller may be right for you.

- TNW

3 Comments:

At September 18, 2011 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Pete Hill said...

I bought one. The led's for the fan and alarm did not work right out of the box. I called and they sent me another unit. A week later when It finally showed up. It did not even turn on right out of the box. They must not have a quality control department. I was buying it because it was inexpensive not CHEAP. With only a 90 day warranty I would not recommend this unit. I am going to order the pitmaster iq.

 
At October 26, 2011 at 11:49 AM , Anonymous Griffin said...

So would you recommend this one or the Pitmaster iQ110? I am looking for a fairly simple controller. I don't want all the bells and whistles, won't be checking it online or controlling it remotely. Just a basic set it and go to sleep controller.

 
At July 6, 2012 at 11:12 AM , Anonymous Tom Nelson said...

I purchased one a week ago for a Weber Smokey Mountain, and it was missing the temperature probe right out of the box. I haven't turned it on yet, but it sounds like I should based on the comments here. However, I called and told them I needed the part yesterday and they REFUSED to overnight it to me, so I have to wait until next week to try this out. I think you're right, their QC department is non-existant.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


nakedwhiz.com       Home       Search Our Site       Email The Whiz       Listen To Whizcast       Whizlog       Buy Whiz Gear       Privacy Policy
All Contents ©2001, 2010 The Naked Whiz